Looking for volunteering opportunities in the Wakefield, Huddersfield, Barnsley area?
Our current volunteer team at the National Coal Mining Museum for England is set for expansion, made possible by a Heritage Lottery Grant.
Have you the enthusiasm, skills or time to help us create stimulating and memorable experiences for our regular and new visitors?
Click to find out more about the new roles :
What’s in it for you?
- Help visitors to explore, enjoy and share a story of local, regional and national importance
- Become an integral part of what we do, by sharing your expertise, developing additional skills and gaining new experiences
- Be part of a growing community of like-minded people interested in inspiring visitors with our story
Hear from our volunteer team about their experiences here at the National Coal Mining Museum for England.
The next recruitment day takes place on Jan 29th 2019.
Step 1. Have a look at the opportunities in the navigation menu to the right hand side of this page.
Step 2. Download the application form on the top right hand corner of the page.
Step 3. Send your complete application form back to the Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4. We will contact you to discuss your application and invite you in for a chat.
Please note: applicants must be aged 18 or over to volunteer at the Museum
We are also looking for groups or individuals with a skill, experience or cause, linked in some way to the coal mining story that they might be prepared to share with our visitors on an occasional basis.
Why would you want to do that?
- You might want to raise awareness of your group’s activities, to increase members or showcase an achievement
- You might have a particular skill that could be passed on or that deserves a wider audience
- You might need a focus for creative activities