Looking for volunteering opportunities in the Huddersfield, Barnsley or Wakefield area?
Join our friendly team and volunteer at the National Coal Mining Museum for England and you could be helping our visitors discover the stories of coal mining.
Volunteer Recruitment Day : Tuesday 26th September
We’re looking for individuals to get involved with the Museum’s work and make a real difference by filling a number of exciting volunteer roles that the Museum has available.
Applications for the next recruitment day will need to be submitted by Thursday 14th September.
Please email your application form to email@example.com
Please note : applicants must be aged 18 or over to volunteer at the Museum.
Hear from our volunteer team about their experiences here at the National Coal Mining Museum for England.
Here's a list of current Volunteering Opportunities at the National Coal Mining Museum for England.
Click to look at further information about each opportunity.
- NEW Hope Pit Explore Volunteer
- NEW Hidden Voices Volunteer
- Visitor Experience Volunteer
- Young Families Supporter Volunteer
- Digital Collections Volunteer
- Library Researcher Volunteer
- Volunteer Groups
Applications for the next recruitment day will need to be submitted by the 14th of September.
The next recruitment day takes place on Tuesday 26th September.
Step 1. Have a look at the opportunities in the navigation menu to the right hand side of this page.
Step 2. Download the application form on the top right hand corner of the page.
Step 3. Send your complete application form back to the Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 4. We will contact you to discuss your application and invite you in for a chat.
Interested as a group?
We're also looking for volunteer groups to get in contact and potentially inspire others through a range of interests, from arts & crafts to performance poetry and from geology to local history.
For more details have a look at the Volunteer Groups page.
Who are we looking for?
- Do you want to give something back and share your expertise?
- Do you want work experience and an opportunity to enhance your CV with experience in working in the heritage sector?
- Do you enjoy meeting new people?
What's in it for you?
- Help visitors to explore and enjoy our coal mining heritage
- Share your expertise and knowledge, and learn new skills
- Be part of a supportive and growing community of like-minded people interested in supporting the museum
- Volunteer in a welcoming and flexible environment
- Support a story of local, regional and national importance