Welcome to the National Coal Mining Museum for England
The National Coal Mining Museum for England provides a great day out with a unique opportunity to travel 140 metres underground to explore England's last deep coalmine.
- Meet a Miner who will guide you on an unforgettable underground adventure at Caphouse Colliery.
- Spend the whole day here & learn about the history of coalmining.
- There's so much to see and do on our 45 acre rural site whatever the weather.
- For families, for everyone!
- A must-see attraction.
- FREE admission & FREE parking for everyone.