Welcome to the National Coal Mining Museum for England
The National Coal Mining Museum for England provides a great day out with a unique opportunity to travel 140 metres underground to explore England's last deep coalmine.
- Meet a Miner who will guide you on an unforgettable underground adventure at Caphouse Colliery.
- Spend the whole day here & learn about the history of coalmining and the science behind it.
- There's so much to see and do on our 45 acre rural site, whatever the weather.
- For families, for everyone!
- A must-see attraction.
- Find out why visitors rank us in the Top Five 'Things To Do' in West Yorkshire on Trip Advisor.
You can be sure of a warm Yorkshire welcome!
What do you need to know to plan your visit?
See below for all the information you need!