Welcome to the National Coal Mining Museum for England
The National Coal Mining Museum for England provides a great day out with a unique opportunity to travel 140 metres underground to explore England's last deep coal mine.
- Meet a Miner who will guide you on an unforgettable underground adventure at Caphouse Colliery.
- Spend the whole day here & learn about the history of coalmining and the science behind it.
- There's so much to see and do on our 45 acre rural site, whatever the weather.
- For families, for everyone!
- A must-see attraction.
- Find out why visitors rank us in the Top Five 'Things To Do' in West Yorkshire on Trip Advisor.
See below for all the information you need to plan your visit!