Giving to the Collections
Thank you for considering to gift something to the Museum’s historic collections.
In order to collect responsibly, with regard to use, sustainability, space and our ability to care for material on a long term basis we are guided by our Collections Development Policy.
We are grateful for all offers of donation but please be aware that unfortunately we are unable to accept everything that we are offered. If you prefer to discuss a potential donation with a member of the team before making the journey to the museum please contact our Documentation Officer or our Librarian. Alternatively you can telephone 01924 848806 and ask to speak to a member of the Collections team or the Librarian.
How to donate
1. Meet the team at a Donation Day at the Museum held on the first Tuesday of the month.
2. At the Donation Day, we can check against our catalogue and store.
3. We will confirm on the Donation Day, if we would like to accept the items.
4. If we have accepted, we will give you the relevant paperwork to complete.
5. If we have not accepted, we might be able to suggest other institutions/organisations you may want to contact.