Following the government’s announcement that we are in a national lockdown, the National Coal Mining Museum will remain closed, pending further updates.
Please check our website and social media for updates of our re-opening.
In the mean time donations are very much appreciated during this challenging time and help ensure that we’ll be able to keep the story of coal mining alive for many years to come.
In order to look after our staff and you and other visitors when you book tickets to visit the National Coal Mining Museum, we are asking you to agree that you and your party will:
- Adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidance at all times
- Adhere to any Government or Local Authority restrictions that are currently in place in relations to you and where you live.
- Download and check-in using the NHS COVID-19 App
- Follow the limits on number of other people you should meet with as a group. Only one household or support bubble per timeslot. Should your group exceed six people, please contact us on 01924 848806 or email@example.com to discuss your options.
- Follow the one way system on site.
- Please wear face masks or coverings in all the indoor parts of the museum, for your safety and the safety of other visitors and staff.
- Use the Hand sanitising stations which have been installed around site to keep you and our staff safe – please use them before entering buildings.
- Adhere to all signage and instruction provided around site.
- Be responsible for the supervision of any children in your party and ensuring they maintain social distancing on site.
- Please note:
The museum, reception, shop and café, will only accept card payments. It will not be possible to accept cash.
- Access to the site will be restricted as we phase our reopening. Please follow the directions to enjoy the self directed route through our galleries.
- The Museum is supporting NHS Test and Trace to help stop the spread of COVID-19. The contact details you provide as part of your pre-booking may also be used for NHS Test & Trace. Further details are available on our privacy notice.
- Should you or any member of your party feel unwell, please do not visit the museum.