Hope Pit Explore
Hope Pit Explore
12.30pm & 2pm
We are delighted to continue this popular experience into Summer 2018.
Enjoy an interactive exploration of Hope Pit with our volunteer team.
- Discover the people, the places and the expertise that was required to support the underground miners.
- Get hands-on with mining inventions and techniques.
- Walk the Lister-Kaye Roadway that helped to convey coal to national markets.
- Indoor/outdoor walk & exploration. Please wear warm clothing.
- Car park charge is £5 all day over the Summer
- Your contribution goes to the upkeep of the Museum.
Meet at Hope Pit
Duration : 40 minutes
Suitable for families / all ages
Feedback from visitors:
"Fantastic experience . They made it feel so real giving jobs to us all, made it real. Will definitely be back. The guys are amazing wouldn’t change a thing."
"Fantastic time. The guys during it were great. Learned a lot."
"We came as a family of four (two teenagers plus a friend) and really enjoyed the experience. Pat, Dave and Gary who took us on the journey explained everything really well and made it very interesting. We found the interactive aspect of having jobs kept everyone- especially the teenagers, really involved. Having these guys really enhanced our visit to Hope Pit as they were able to explain things from their experience. We have been before and this experience was so much better than just reading signs in the buildings."
"Very informative. Excellent for children and adults alike. Gives good insight into the many jobs within the mining industry. Great possibilities to extend and create new projects."
"Very informative trip to the heading. Worth a visit. All explaining excellent."