Hope Pit & Hope Store
For some mind-boggling science visit Hope Pit.
- Hope Pit is a fully restored colliery approximately 800m from the main Museum site, totally dedicated to science
- Visit the Blacksmith's Forge at Hope Pit from Wednesday to Sunday. Drop in for a demonstration of blacksmiths skills at 11:30am & 2pm
- Explore the original buildings - the Fan Room, the Compressor House and the Workshop and Blacksmith's Forge where you will discover hands-on interactive models, touch screen displays and some very special virtual guides
- Discover the mighty machinery that was used across the industry in the Power House.
- The Power House has a viewing gallery where visitors can see some of the bigger pieces of machinery, vehicles and Trade Union Banners. It is usually open during school holidays 1.00pm - 4.00pm and for special weekends throughout the year.
Hope Pit is open every day until 4.00pm
Book our new activity on Thursdays : Hope Pit Explore