School's Out : Easter Holidays
What's On this Easter
At the National Coal Mining Museum, we've got great ideas for all the family this Easter!
Join us at the Museum for lots of fun activities and meet our living history characters.
- Meet our Museum characters.
- Easter Bonnet Making
- FREE Wyrm Wednesday!
Wednesday 12th & 19th, drop in between 1pm - 3pm
Based on the story of the Wakefield Wyrm, a terrible dragon that lives underground. Join the Coalshed Poets for craftivities including poster making, games, writing monster poems and stories, plus develop the idea of your own monster.
Location: Learning Curve
See the daily What's On sheet in reception for full details of what's on around the Museum.
Plus for the more inquisitive, why not surprise yourself...
- Visit our new By the People, For the People Exhibition, in the special exhibition gallery.
- Take an underground tour 140m below the surface with an ex-miner as your own personal tour guide and discover a world beneath your feet.
- Learn more about the museum's galleries and original colliery buildings.
- Marvel at the Furnace Shaft - dare you walk over the 140m shaft?
- Visit our pit ponies Eric and Ernie and Clydesdale Finn in the stables.
- Explore the museum's nature trail and see what creatures big and small you can find.
- Family activity trails available from Reception.
- Download our free app iSPY Explore and see if you can find all the items around the Museum.