October Half Term
October Half Term @ Pit!
At the National Coal Mining Museum, we've got great ideas for all the family this October Half Term! Why not make a day of it and visit us for one of our unique events and join in an activity.
Monday October 29th – Friday November 2nd you can make Halloween themed crafts – join us to create some creepy crawlies and find out about the colliery cats.
Or why not book our Halloween Experience on the 30th & 31st October. Dare you take our spooky tour?
See the daily What's On sheet in reception for full details of what's on around the Museum.
Plus for the more inquisitive, why not surprise yourself...
- Be inspired by what you see and get creative using the FREE Art Cart in the galleries.
- Visit our Say It Loud : How Posters Talk To Us Exhibition, in the special exhibition gallery with interactive displays.
- Take an underground tour 140m below the surface with an ex-miner as your own personal tour guide and discover a world beneath your feet.
- Learn more about the museum's galleries and original colliery buildings.
- Visit the Museum Library open Tuesdays & Thursdays 10.00 – 12.30 & 1.00 – 4.00
- Marvel at the Furnace Shaft - dare you walk over the 140m shaft?
- Visit our pit ponies Eric, Ernie and Bud and Clydesdale Finn in the stables.
- Explore the museum's nature trail and see what creatures big and small you can find.
- Run off some steam in our fabulous Adventure Playground.
- Family activity trails available from Reception.
- Download our free app iSPY Explore and see if you can find all the items around the Museum.