Easter @ Pit!
Easter @ Pit! - 6th April to 28th April
At the National Coal Mining Museum, we've got great ideas for all the family this Easter!
Join us at the Museum for lots of fun activities and meet our living history characters.
Meet our living history characters 6th April - 28th April.
Easter Egg Hunt with a mining twist. Pick up a trail sheet from reception.
Visit us on 27th April for Yorkshire Geology Day - meet the experts from the Yorkshire Geological Society, enjoy hands-on activities and book a special underground tour.
Fossils showcase with our Blacksmiths in The Forge at Hope Pit on 27th April.
Family activities will be on Monday to Friday and Easter weekend.
Wacky Wednesday Science Special - 10th April 10.15am - 11.45.
Shadow puppet show.
Pop up activities from volunteers.
See the daily What's On sheet in reception for full details of what's on around the Museum.
Plus for the more inquisitive, why not surprise yourself...
- Take an underground tour 140m below the surface with an ex-miner as your own personal tour guide and discover a world beneath your feet.
- Learn more about the museum's galleries and original colliery buildings.
- Marvel at the Furnace Shaft - dare you walk over the 140m shaft?
- Visit our pit ponies Eric and Ernie and Clydesdale Finn in the stables.
- Explore the museum's nature trail and see what creatures big and small you can find.
- Family activity trails available from Reception.