Are you aged 16-25 and thinking about a job in museums, heritage, marketing or events?
Are you looking for a volunteering opportunity or new experiences to put on your CV?
Then, join our group of Young Volunteers to help plan, promote and run our first ever Youth Arts Festival on 7th July 2019.
The Young Volunteer project launches on the 11th of April 2019 from 11am-3pm with a practical film-making workshop on how to make and edit a promotional film using your phone.
Then every Saturday from 1-3pm we will be running activities, workshops and sessions to give you the tools you need to make the festival a success.
The Youth Art's Festival: A Life Amongst Diamonds will be on the 7th of July 2019.
What will I be doing?
- Taking part in workshops- we will show you how to make a film, run a marketing campaign and how to plan an event
- Working as a team to run the Youth Arts Festival
- Creating the marketing and PR campaign for the festival - using social media, film, photography, and print
- Ensuring that visitors and performers have a great time at our festival on the day
What do I need?
- The ability to work in a team
- A willingness to try new things
- The commitment to making the day a success
Why take part?
This is a great opportunity to meet new people and take part in an exciting new project. You will also receive training and develop plenty of transferable skills for your CV including:
- Problem solving
The project will be taking place at the National Coal Mining Museum.
If you are using public transport the 128 bus takes you directly to the Museum from Wakefield or Dewsbury. The 232 bus goes from Wakefield and Huddersfield and stops just a short walk away.
How do I apply to join the group?
To apply simply download the form below and send it back to volunteerNCM@ncm.org.uk.
You can email us at volunteerNCM@ncm.org.uk to request a paper copy.
Got a question?
Email us at volunteerNCM@ncm.org.uk
Call us on 01924 848 806 and ask for Amy or Imogen