NEW Hope Pit Explore Volunteer
Our team of three is looking to expand to six members
- Do you have a sound knowledge of mining and mining techniques and want to keep that mining heritage alive?
- Do you enjoy sharing what you know with people of all ages and backgrounds?
- Do you yourself enjoy learning how to do new things?
This new role is designed to encourage visitors to fully appreciate and enjoy our restored Victorian colliery and historic mineral line.
Working as part of a team of three, volunteers will lead visitors through some of the colliery buildings at Hope Pit explaining - through simple inter-actives that get the visitor directly involved with objects, images and stories - the importance and interdependence of the different colliery jobs and functions.
Volunteers will be prepared to support:
• presentation development
• designing easily graspable ways of interpreting the buildings, the history and the science and technology of mining
• preparing appropriate resources for use with different age groups
• further development of the experience for more targeted groups such as under 5s and their carers and adult special interest groups.
Apply today to become a Hope Pit Explore Volunteer