Volunteering @ NCMME
Posted on by The Team
It’s busy, busy, busy in the volunteering team
• The Coalshed Poets, the Museum's own volunteer Poets in Residence, would like to welcome Stan and Tim to the group. The group is busy planning the pop-up poetry event which will be their contribution to the Volunteer Showcase event held here on Sunday June 4th. They are also working on a piece to support the next memorial garden dedication event on June 8th and a poetry walk for the summer holidays.
Ben and John have been re- fibre-glassing a horse as part of their Industrial collections volunteering. A different sort of horse-power to the rescue van they are also trying to coax back into life!
• The Diesel Demons, our steam volunteers, are starting work on a new engine busy welding and under painting. See them in action most Sundays.
• Our Wacky Wednesday Volunteers (activities for Under5’s and their carers) are starting to plan the Seaside special which will coincide with National play Day on the first Wednesday in August.
• To coincide with National Volunteer week, we are holding a volunteer Showcase on Sunday June 4th. Volunteers will be on site doing and demonstrating what they do on a regular basis. This is an opportunity for anyone who might be considering volunteering to come and ask those that already volunteer what sort of opportunities there are at the Museum, the quality of the volunteer experience and how volunteers can get involved as much or as little as they wish in different aspects of the Museum.
• Our next volunteer recruitment day will be on Thursday 8th June. Potential volunteers should visit the website (…..) download an application form and return asap. They will then be given a slot on June 8th to come and talk to us further.
If you're inspired by what our volunteers have been up to, why not consider joining the National Coal Mining Museum for England in 2017? Click on the opportunities page...